Thursday, February 10, 2011

runner up

never make me feel alone…





when I’m weak please hold my hand
try to make me feel warm
yes please cuddle me with comfort
try to touch my face
try to swab my tears
i don’t need you to just stand
right next to me
i need you to hold my soul

never make me feel alone…

when I’m so confused
i want you to establish
a healthy argument with me
i don’t need you to just say “YES”
i don’t want us to be of the same mind
i want your sweet judgment
i want to listen to your light tone
but I don’t want just any articulation
i don’t need words
and I don’t need sympathy
i just need you to hear my anxious heart


never make me feel alone…

Really.

especially when you’re everywhere
especially when you know
you could have hold my hand
when you know
you could have enveloped my dying soul
when you know
you can sit right beside me


PLEASE HOLD ME

don’t just stand there

never make me feel like I'm just but a "runner up"

especially when you know you're occupying the first spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment