Monday, February 7, 2011

i may be stiff

i hardly ever gaze at the same course
your eyes have been looking
that’s why I don’t see the beauty of the dark clouds
i don’t appreciate the rapid blink of a star
i never recognize the true color of a deserted butterfly
i am not attracted to any inflatable object
I am less fascinated with the carousel’s motion
yes, i am trapped in a straight single direction

i hardly ever perceive the same sound
that you always try to tell me
i don’t hear bullets when the world is in chaos
i don’t recognize the echo of a livid thunder
or the blubber of a scared child
i can’t distinguish the sound of contentment from regret
i don’t know how to identify the sound of an aching heart
yes, i am categorically trapped in one distinctive sound

i hardly ever sense the same feeling
that you always used to tell me
so i failed to feel the draftiness of a blowing wind
or how blistering is the heat of the summer
i honestly failed to feel the tap of an ally
or the envious stroke of a foe
i cannot perfectly distinguish gentleness from rigidity
yes, i am trapped in one particular touch

i may not see all the lovely colors of a rainbow
or I may not go red when you whisper “I love you”
i may never be in an arctic conditions everytime you gently touch my hand
i may be this stiff…

but I’d like to confess…
when your eyes swivel from west to north
mine settles in a single track
straight into your direction
no south, no east
you’re the only one that fascinates me
no butterflies, no balloons

when your ears perceived variety of booms
i get stuck into hearing one particular sound
the sound of your laughter, your cheers

when you get too busy reciprocating the different touches
a stranger gives you
i am so damn busy too…
trying to familiarize your soft embrace
so when everything else fails…

I WOULD STILL RECOGNIZE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment