Saturday, March 20, 2010

the saddest news

I can’t look straight at the stars tonight. I even hate the moon. I would never try to gaze at them anymore. They were all loud liars…including you. I hate the way they make me believe that wishes do come true with just one glint of the star, with just one wink of the moon. I hate the way they try to give me false hopes. Worst, for making me believe I could still have you. I was left half paralyzed. My poor heart could no longer feel the pain you’ve caused me after you heroically recite your famous last words. I was left without anything but this pain…the purest.

I manage to keep the pain. I thought I was strong enough to pretend that it doesn’t even hurt. I pretend like I’m one of those people blessed with supernatural powers. I thought I could never bleed. Notwithstanding the entire shield I have with me, still, I have been wounded for the ninety eight times. I end up blowing wishes in the air. I wish we could have our happy ending. These wishes were all but a mere product of what they called wishful thinking.

I told you, not all stars are wish granters. Mine was on the blink.

Have I ever hit the right words?

Did I ever hit your heart rather?!

Last night I kept on bumping into my weirdest emotions. I kept pacing in my bed back and forth. I was lost for about an hour. It suddenly feels like the word has stopped spinning, and I was jammed here with nothing but heartaches. The darkness covers the entire room, making me feel blind, but right now I wished I was.

I was trying to read all your messages in my phone…repeatedly. Until I admit defeat.

Although I hate to look at the stars, I would still gaze at them, for the last time. Stars are only striking to look at, but no matter how hard I would try to reach them, they would never come down to sing with me your famous last words.

I blew my last wish.


LIRIKO:

You say you heard every word, but I watched you turn away
Your eyes grew colder than winter
"Love is so intrusive," I thought I heard you say
And laugh so unconvincingly
Famous last words, "I’m not ready yet"
"I won’t be gone a minute"
Narrow is the road and too high a price to pay
When loneliness is such a sanctuary
Empty are the musings and wasted are the days
When you say you were only waiting
And famous last words, "I’m not ready yet"
"I won’t be gone a minute" and I won’t forget
Famous last words
If tomorrow never comes, will I ever know that I was in love?
I was in love
In love
You say you heard every word, I watched you turn away
You were only waiting

JARS OF CLAY

No comments:

Post a Comment