Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Lay Down My Arms

The rain had never stopped.

I remain standing outside this cast off vehicle, where we used to exchange some of our weird thoughts. It had been an inanimate witness of our relationship. This had been our sanctuary…our favorite sanctuary. It may not have eyes, but it sees every diminutive detail between us. It hears our pleas; our laughter’s…even the obnoxious sound of silence. I allow the rain to touch my entire body. I allow the rain to take the one important piece in me. I wish it could take my heart completely. I wish it could take away the part that was throbbing…and I wish…my one grand wish could come true.

10 months ago I was rescued from this vindictive planet. My heart was saved from feeling the same agony I had been keeping years ago. A superman had come into my mind made Smallville. Clark Kent had finally reached my dark place. I was rescued from darkness. For the Succeeding day I was happy. Finally there was brightness…there had been you. You had thought me how to dream. This time I’d tried to build tower of dreams…a never ending dream. I made plans everywhere. I blew wishes in the air. I showered you with so much love and attention. I had given you the best of what I am. You had given me your heart in return.

I had you…I thought I did.

“I’m willing to lend you everything, including my heart”.

An undemanding line I will never forget. I articulated this the very first time we had our serious talk. I remember your eyes…those eyes I’ll never put out of my mind. I remember the glow…the silent sound of laughter. I remember the promise…I kept my word. I even gave you my heart instead of just lending it. You had my heart. I wanted to go back 10 months ago. I wanted to move 100 times to the rear…so that I will not be seeing your sad face. I will not be bearing in mind the looks of a confused man. I will not be feeling this torture.

The rain had never stopped.

It touches my heart completely. I chose to come out of this cast off vehicle. I plead for you not to come near me. I watched you inside the vehicle. You watched me standing in the rain. I was faking a smile. The rain had never stopped and my tears won’t ever end. I’ll be hiding these tears in the rain… so you won’t be anymore confused. You saved me from darkness and it’s time to return the favor. This cast off vehicle will be the only witness of LOVE VS FAITH story. Your faith ended my fairy tale. The battle is over. I fought fairly and had been defeated. This time I bleed…my soul bleeds.

I’ll be borrowing Popoy’s famous line. “You had me at my best, and you chose to break my heart”…

I’ll be singing sad songs again…

There’ll be darkness again…

No comments:

Post a Comment